My Amelia Rose

My Amelia Rose

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yay for sleep!

A quick update on the sleeping situation.

Don't judge, unless you've been in my shoes with my child, you don't get that right :)

So after another entire night of NO sleep and I literally mean she was up ALL night, the pediatrician prescribed something to help Amelia sleep.  She told me to give her 1/2 a pill an hour before bed.  Of course, I hate giving medicine to my child so I gave 1/4 of the pill.  Two hours later she was still in there talking up a storm--I mean Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Minnie and whoever else she could imagine was talking. 

I had it and went to the fridge and got a cup of coke zero, took it in the room and she drank it.  10 minutes later...SILENCE!

She slept all night!  WOOHOO!

The pediatrician wants me to give the full 1/2 pill so I'll try that tonight but this weekend I'm going to try the coke zero again.  I guess I'm doing testing on my child but I need to do what I can to help her brain keep growing...and my sanity not go any further down.

No comments:

Post a Comment