My Amelia Rose

My Amelia Rose

Friday, March 15, 2013

Why I'm so proud of Amelia

Amelia will be graduating from LearningRx soon, as part of the graduation process I was given a piece of paper to write a letter to her, the top says "we are so proud of you".  Looking at this piece of paper reminds me how important to tell those we love, what about them is great.  So I'm sharing my letter here with you, a letter to my precious girl, one that I hope someday she will read and know just how proud I am of her.

Dear Amelia:

We started this journey several months ago, when I came to LearningRx I wasn't sure what to expect but I decided that I wanted to do better for you.  I wanted to give you a chance to grow, to know that you could do anything and never give up.  Something that I lost myself along the way.

During this time we've been through the rough and the good times.   The testing was crazy, you were not wanting to sit in that little room, but seeing you test showed me just how amazing you are.  Your math scores were crazy good, something you did not get from me!  

When we started coming to class we both were nervous, the idea of having to take more time to sit and listen to someone had to be exhausting for you, and you fought us sometimes but in the end I know you were listening to Ms. Rachel.   I would find you saying and sharing things that amazed me.

I've seen you grow from my little baby who seemed really smart to me to this amazing little girl who can do anything she sets her mind to!  

Even on the most tiring days you made the best of it, everyone commented on how you were always happy.  You made everyone that came across your path smile. 

You have a heart made of gold, your bubbly personality is contagious.  You can always make me feel better, no matter how rough the day is.  I have grown as a Mom and I know that I am growing daily, because of you. 

I am proud of how hard you've worked, through the exhaustion.  And I know with your persistence and kindness along with all you've learned from Ms. Rachel, you can be anything!  Even that "Princess Doctor" you keep talking about.

I love you baby!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment