My Amelia Rose

My Amelia Rose

Friday, March 8, 2013

Changes are tough

After meeting with the LearningRx director the other day we decided to end Amelia's classes there for now, she still has some booster classes that can be done but she seems to be burnt out.  Being 4 years old and having pre-school during the day, classes two days and week plus not sleeping many nights, it's a lot for their little brains to take.

I have no regrets, actually I can't wait to tell my story of LearningRx and how it's changed our lives (that will be coming soon) and she'll have her graduation coming in the next few weeks.  I'm proud of her and all she has learned, I'm proud to have found LearningRx and have them taught my baby girl so much.  I spent part of Wednesday crying because I'm sad that we won't have classes anymore; sure, I'm tired and so is she but Ms. Rachel (her teacher) and Ms. Ali (Director of Trainers) have become a big part of our lives.  They have encouraged Amelia to be her wonderful self and have helped me during the dark times of feeling all I'm doing is wrong.  I hope to stay in touch with them because they are the ladies that I want me daughter to know--strong, sweet & amazing women!


On another note, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or not because it's hard to keep up with anything these days, but Amelia has stopped the sleep medicine.  It did not have good effects on her mind, she became MEAN.  Amelia is a lot of things but mean is not one of them.  She has been yelling, hitting and throwing things at me.  She even told her teacher at pre-school NO twice on Monday, it shocked her because Amelia doesn't do that.  Remember that medicines affect everyone differently.  One kid can take it and it does amazing but another it can cause a major rash or other crazy things.  I have a feeling we are on an upward battle with medicine with Amelia, just like me.  Nyquil wakes me up and Dayquil makes me sleepy--should be fun!

There are more changes coming but I'm not ready to discuss them yet, it's things that I'm still coming to grasp with myself.  I'll share with you soon, right now I'm just trying to get her balanced back out and my sweet girl back.

No comments:

Post a Comment