My Amelia Rose

My Amelia Rose

Friday, September 14, 2012

It's hard being a parent

I always heard "parenting doesn't come with a handbook" and boy is that right!  Sometimes I do wish that Supernanny would come pay us a visit though.

Today Amelia got in trouble at school for scratching one of the other kids--unprovoked.  Nothing like having to sign THE form when you get to school.  I certainly don't want my kid to be THAT kid.

A while back the daycare director told me that there was no need to get onto her when I pick her up because they do it at school and she really doesn't remember what happened or why.  But I feel like I should be reprimanding her for doing that. 

Then there's the trying to figure out why she's acting out.  Was something said?  Is she tired?  She had been up since 3:30am but that's just not excuse enough to me.  Has something different happened this week?  I just don't know.  Maybe it is just a bad week, I know that I have them.

Someone told me a few days ago that 4 is the ferocious 4's, it's a test for the teen years.  I am so not ready for this!

I have noticed that she doesn't do one on one play well around me, though she seems to do good at school.  Well, normally.  Maybe it's the only child syndrome.

Until I find that handbook it will just have to be a guessing game and I'll do the best I can.  But please if you see us out, know that it's not easy and I'm just tying  to love my girl as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment