My Amelia Rose

My Amelia Rose

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And the classes begin...

Well tonight was our first class at LearningRx and we made it a whole 35 minutes! 

Amelia was so excited to see Ms. Rachel that when we got there she kept asking everyone if they were Rachel. 

They went to the back and things were going well.  They were going over colors and writing "A".  After a bit Amelia got a little bit wild and Rachel told her to write the "a" in the block and Amelia said that was it, she was done.  They came out front and Amelia told me it was "too much".  Thankfully Ms. Donesa (the director) came out and said 35 minutes is good for 4 years old and tomorrow we'll go for 45. 

Of course, Amelia told me that she didn't want to go back but she does want to win her prize so I think we'll get her back once she gets a good nights sleep.

When we got home things went downhill.  I couldn't sit with her because, as usual, I came home to chaos and had to handle all of that.  Finally she started kicking, hitting and screaming at me so I had to put her to bed.  We had a Supernanny time where I kept having to put her back in bed..again, and again, and again times 10!

I was thinking maybe she's upset that I couldn't sit with her, maybe it's because she didn't sleep well last night.  Then as I was venting on Facebook my friend posted this:

"my wise sister told me when youngsters exercise their brains(milestone type growth)- behavior regresses. Aka Her class tonight made a breakthrough so she's gonna give mommy hell ._."

Maybe she's right, and if so then the next few weeks will be a lot of hell but if it's for the greater good of helping Amelia grow into the amazing person that I know she can be, then it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment