My Amelia Rose

My Amelia Rose

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

But I don't want to do homework!

The second week of training at LearningRx went great, Amelia was so excited to go see Ms. Rachel and stayed an hour and a half both nights!  She is loving it and has a great time learning.

Last week was a little rough.  On Wednesday I decided to go run errands while she was in class, telling her was probably a bad idea though.  Ms. Rachel had to call me because Amelia was acting up so I headed back.  After a bit of convincing she ended up doing about an hour and 15 minutes and did okay.

After that we went to Chick-Fil-A as her reward but I noticed something was wrong, turns out she had a fever and in the end was diagnosed with Croup.  So we missed Thursdays class and the big Carnival they were doing on Friday.  She's better now so we are both looking forward to class tomorrow night.

So, here's the thing...I never liked homework.  I didn't like it when it was mine and I don't like it when it's hers BUT it's part of the deal, it's in the agreement that I signed.  Now obviously a 4 year olds work isn't hard but working 2 jobs, classes 3 nights a week and then homework is tough. 

Fortunately Ms. Rachel is great at working with me too!  She explained that they don't expect us to sit down for an hour at night and do homework but to be creative.  So we do directions in the car, write "letters" to help her learn to hold her pencil and are learning rhythm with her stuffed "friends".  Rhythm is a bit of a challenge to me, I'm not know to be the most coordinated person but it turns out funny.

So while I don't enjoy homework of any sort, the fact is that I need to get used to it because she'll be going to kindergarten soon and at least for now, this is fun.  And I'll do anything to help my child succeed, which is why I'm doing LearningRx, do it now and she'll benefit for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment